Sad that not many people knows that thread in reddit to suggest exact fixes or features that people want from Valve to do with CS GO. All the suggestion taken from Reddit and link to the thread will be below. Hope you guys will join the thread and add your suggestions, there is two ways for Valve: in some day they will do the job and take care of CS GO or leave it as the game of past, lets hope for the best and maybe our game will be better.
Requested Features and Bugs yet to be fixed
- Rank 3 Match Making requirement/XP (2,3) (Sid: Need opinion if this is still an issue. level 21 for prime might spoil new player experience is another issue)
- Allow reporting of hackers after the match has ended (from demos) (2,3,4)
- Add unranked competitive mode, or turn Casual into it (2,3,4)
- “Block communication” should also mute radio commands
- Crowd funding and esports cases
- Access settings while in a lobby (2,3)
- Increased communication from Valve (2,3,4) (Sid: There has been plenty of communication from Valve, show examples and fixes they have done when they listened to the community)
- Remove the gift/advertisement board (2) (Sid: Research if this is still an issue, also now that the gambling sites are closed it should be less annoying)
- Landing animation makes the model mistimed (2, 3)
- Crouch animation not synced (2)
- Headshot flinch animation issue
- Jumping accuracy affected in the tapping update
- Falling accuracy, video by adreN
- Bug: Pressing use key multiple times to pickup weapon makes you drop both guns
- Increase first shot accuracy (Sid: this was 2 year ago and a lot has changed in rifles since then, research opinion and remove if needed)
- Decrease the running accuracy of pistols/smgs/shotguns/etc. (2,3) (Sid: Same as above, ask for opinions)
- Pistols should not be 1 hit kill at close range
- Balance m4a4/m4a1-s (2,3,4) (Sid: Same as above, a lot has changed for rifles, seen less recent complaints)
- Fix nade-hit stopping movement (2) (Sid: research tagging by nades)
- Option to choose primary language in matchmaking
- Knife round in MM
- End the match if a player gets banned (2)
- Unlimited money / deathmatch in warmup
Suggestions for improving the BOT system
- Pressing E on a bot should make him drop you his weapon(2,3,4)
- Changes to bot buying (2,3,4)
- Player automatically takes control of the bot when reconnecting half way through a round
- Bots should listen to radio commands more (2,3,4)
- Option to make m4a1-s, usp-s, cz75a and r8 available in offline mode
- Bring back CZ kill bonus to $300
- Remove “wallhack” from Arms Race (2,3)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for late 2/17/16:
The leader’s glow in Arms Race no longer shows through walls.
As per /u/ido_valve:
We don’t plan to implement “forgive” because we would rather that players rage at the rules than potentially rage at the victim. That is, we don’t want to create situations where 3 players are pissed off at the fourth because he/she didn’t forgive the fifth and got them kicked off of the server and now they’re going to lose because they’re short a player.
We recognize that there are some cases where /forgive would be preferable to hard rules but we prefer that the blame lie entirely with the person that made the mistake. The game notifies players that are TKing or doing team damage and usually there’s ample opportunity to change behavior and reduce the possibility of further instances and we would prefer that a player change their behavior rather than rely on the kindness of their teammates.
Hope that makes sense.
- Fix FPS drops in front of a smoke, game feels heavier after each update
- Add cl_crosshairdot_alpha “0-255” (2) (Sid: research)
- Add mat_postprocess_enable 0 (on/ off) (2) (sid: research)
- Add r_dynamiclighting 0 (Sid: research)
- Add volume control for each of your teammates (2)
- Fixes for VAC Authentication Errors (2,3) (Sid: Not seen many of these in the past)
- Fix GOTV lag (2,3) (Sid: Haven’t seen complaints in a while now)
- Additional 21:9 Support
Features and Bugs that were Requested and were Fulfilled
- Casual map rotation changes (choose own rotation/separate dust 2 rotation)(2,3,4,5):
This was resolved in a way in the update on 6/9/16 (6/10/16 UTC, 18.104.22.168).
On Valve official servers, the current map will be excluded from the vote options at the end of a match.
- Increase tournament prize pools (2, 3)
This was resolved by introducing 1 million prize pool for the majors.
- Add new ranks (2,3)
The “Rank Shift”
- 1:45 / 0:35 timers (round, bomb)
In the update of 12/8/2015 the round time and the bomb timers were changed and the community seem to have accepted it well.
In Competitive Matchmaking times are now 1:55 and 0:40 for round and C4, respectively. These are also the new times for CSGO Major Championships.
- Remove or reduce deathcam duration (2,3)
In the update of 5/31/2016 valve added a fade to blur feature for deathcams
Added fade and blur to deathcam (when mp_forcecamera 1). Fade and blur in deathcam are more aggressive when killed with a headshot (when mp_forcecamera 1).
- Option to vote for a 1 minute timeout (pause) in matchmaking
Update on 12/8/2015
Added team timeouts to Competitive Matchmaking, which can be called with a vote. Default is 60 seconds, set by mp_team_timeout_time.